blank

Sexual Assault Investigation Leads Dodgers Pitcher Trevor Bauer to Miss Rest of Season

Home  »  Sex Crimes   »   Sexual Assault Investigation Leads Dodgers Pitcher Trevor Bauer to Miss Rest of Season

Sexual Assault Investigation Leads Dodgers Pitcher Trevor Bauer to Miss Rest of Season

Sexual Assault Investigation Leads Dodgers Pitcher Trevor Bauer to Miss Rest of Season

Sep 10, 2021

Sexual Assault Investigation Leads Dodgers Pitcher Trevor Bauer to Miss Rest of Season

Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer, 30, was placed on administrative leave on July 2 after a woman made, according to a Washington Post report, “graphic allegations in court filings, supported by photos and medical records, about two separate sexual encounters with Bauer.” Said sexual encounters allegedly turned violent. The alleged survivor was granted a temporary domestic violence restraining order against Bauer in June.

In August, the Washington Post reported that Bauer was the subject of a temporary order of protection sought by a different woman last year, according to sealed court records reviewed by the newspaper.

The Washington Post’s report indicated that an Ohio woman sought the order in June 2020 following “repeated threats from the then-Cincinnati Reds pitcher.” The Post’s investigation was based on statements from the woman’s lawyer as well as records separately obtained by the newspaper. Additionally, photographs independently obtained by the Washington Post show bruises on the woman’s face and blood in her eyes, which her attorney told the newspaper were caused by Bauer punching and choking her during sex without consent.

Both women’s accounts of violent sexual encounters with Bauer are strikingly similar, although a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge eventually denied the request from Bauer’s California accuser seeking a permanent restraining order in August.

Today it was announced that the Dodger pitcher’s leave would be extended throughout the remainder of the current major league baseball season. He will continue to be paid per his contract as the investigation unfolds.

According to a CNN report based on an anonymous source, “Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association recognized that based upon the number of games remaining on the team’s schedule and with the league’s investigation still ongoing, Bauer would not be in a position to return this season.”

Bauer has denied all of the sexual assault and domestic violence allegations against him, and his legal team has described the sexual encounters in question as consensual.

“Today Mr. Bauer agreed to extend his administrative leave through the playoffs in a measure of good faith and in an effort to minimize any distraction to the Dodgers organization and his teammates,” Bauer’s co-agents, Jon Fetterolf and Rachel Luba, said in a statement on Friday.

“He continues to cooperate with the MLB investigation and refute the baseless allegations against him. Again, by definition administrative leave is neither a disciplinary action nor does it in any way reflect a finding in the league’s investigation.”

On August 27, the Pasadena Police Department turned over its investigative file to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, which is now considering whether or not to pursue criminal charges against the Dodger pitcher.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Major League Baseball is conducting its own investigation into Bauer, and the league’s domestic violence and sexual assault policy requires Bauer to meet with league investigators. However, as the Times notes, any such interview “would be unlikely to take place as long as criminal charges remain a possibility.”

The Times’ report also confirmed that Major League Baseball is “expected to consider the allegations of the woman,” who, according to medical records she submitted to the court, was diagnosed with “assault by manual strangulation” and “acute head injury.” The alleged survivor says that said injuries resulted from a “sexual encounter with Bauer at his Pasadena home,” according to the Times’ report.

Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman lifted that restraining order against Bauer, ruling that there was “no supportable evidence” that the Dodger pitcher would likely “harm or even have contact” with the accuser. Moreover, the judge ruled that, although the woman’s injuries depicted in the verified pictures were “terrible,” they were “sustained within the limits of sexual activity set by the woman,” according to the Los Angeles Times report.

In the context of a sexual encounter, when a woman says ‘no,’ she should be believed,” Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman said in her ruling. “So what about when she says ‘yes?'”

Major League Baseball is reportedly continuing to evaluate information provided by the Ohio woman, whose temporary restraining order was also dismissed (although in her case, shortly after being obtained). Bauer’s agents, Jon Fetterolf and Rachel Luba, reportedly condemned the Ohio woman’s request for a restraining order as a “bogus protection petition as a ruse to demand millions of dollars,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

Securing Justice for Your Sexual Assault Crime

Sexual assault survivors are often reluctant to come forward and file a claim, regularly under the impression that such a process would be futile and only cause unwanted pain and trauma. However, as we’ve seen through helping countless sexual assault survivors achieve the justice they deserve and recover maximum financial compensation recently ….

  • DLG successfully secured a multi-million dollar settlement for a rideshare patron who was raped by her driver
  • DLG successfully secured a multi-million dollar settlement for a woman who was raped by a man she met on a ‘sugar daddy’ website
  • DLG successfully secured a maximum financial damages award (exact amount unable to be disclosed due to the terms of the agreement) under the eggshell plaintiff rule for a woman who experienced minimal contact from an employer

… coming forward to report a sexual predator and pursue justice can be an extraordinarily rewarding and empowering decision, allowing the survivor to obtain justice on his or her own terms.

Dordulian Law Group (DLG) has been helping sexual assault survivors obtain the justice they deserve through maximum damages awards for decades. Led by former sex crimes prosecutor and Deputy Districxt Attorney for Los Angeles County, Sam Dordulian, DLG has quickly developed into the premier sex crime law firm representing survivors in California and throughout the entire nation.

As a sex crimes prosecutor, Sam Dordulian helped secure lifetime sentences against some of L.A. County’s most dangerous sexual predators – taking these criminals off of our streets forever and offering community members peace of mind.

Today, Dordulian leads DLG’s renowned Sex Crimes Division, offering sexual assault survivors unique advantages and complete access to critical resources and support. In fact, Dordulian created the SAJE Team (Sexual Assault Justice Experts) of professionals to serve as a 24/7 support network for survivors who may need help beyond mere legal expertise, such as support, resources, advice, or a shoulder to lean on while navigating the justice system.

When survivors choose DLG to handle their sexual assault claims, they have 24/7 access to all four tiers of our SAJE Team:

  • Litigation Lead: Sam Dordulian, former sex crimes prosecutor and Deputy District Attorney for Los Angeles County with over 100 jury trial victories and 25 years of experience
  • Investigative Lead: Moses Castillo, in-house Chief Investigator and retired LAPD sex crimes detective in the elite Abused Child Unit with over 30 years of experience
  • Mental Health Lead: In-house licensed clinical therapist with over 15 years of experience specifically assisting sexual assault survivors
  • Advocate Leads: Two licensed and nationally accredited victim advocates who have devoted their lives to helping sexual assault survivors

By choosing DLG, you can be confident that your case is the hands of trusted experts – dedicated team members who will fight aggressively to recover maximum financial compensation for your sexual assault civil claim. Our past experience and proven results are a veritable example of the type of personalized attention and immense dedication we offer every sexual assault survivor:

  • More than $100,000,000 recovered in settlements and verdicts
  • A 98% success record
  • More than 100 jury trial victories
  • Former sex crimes prosecutor
  • Former Deputy District Attorney for L.A. County
  • In-house Chief Investigator/retired LAPD detective
  • More than 25 years of sex crimes experience

At DLG, we fight to help you secure the maximum damages award you deserve for your sexual assault claim – one which recovers both economic and non-economic damages (both of which require, in order to be done successfully, a skilled, dedicated, and proven attorney like Sam Dordulian and his team of experts).

Some common damages typically recoverable after a sexual assault, abuse, or harassment lawsuit include:

  • Counseling or therapy expenses
  • Hospital or medical bills
  • Pain and suffering
  • Reduced quality of life
  • Lost wages
  • Lost earning capacity
  • Emotional trauma
  • Psychological distress

Contact us today online or by phone at 818-322-4056 for a free, discreet, and no obligation consultation.

A dedicated member of DLG’s team will:

  • Listen to the facts of your case (DLG prides ourselves on believing survivors)
  • Launch a thorough investigation led by our SAJE Team member and in-house Chief Investigator, Moses Castillo
  • Develop an aggressive but precise legal strategy based on our decades of experience and past results

We’ll fight to ensure you obtain justice and recover the maximum financial damages award you deserve, allowing you to move forward on your own terms.

Our Sexual Assault Justice Experts are here to help survivors secure justice. Contact our top-rated attorneys online or by phone for a free consultation today.

DLG’s No Win/No Fee Guarantee means survivors never need to worry about paying upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses. We gladly accept cases on a contingency fee basis because we’re happy to prove our dedication and level of skill and experience without you ever having to pay a penny. DLG survivor clients like you do not pay anything until we recover maximum financial compensation on their behalf.

DLG represents sexual assault survivors around California and throughout the nation.
Sexual assault survivors turn to DLG to handle their claims because of our experience, dedication, and proven results. We are here for you 24/7 as your dedicated legal advocate.

When you’re ready to take the first step towards pursuing justice against your perpetrator – whether an individual, institution, or both – contact a trusted, proven, and compassionate member of our dedicated SAJE Team. Don’t settle for anything less that the DLG Advantage.

Contact DLG today to learn more about all of your available options for justice through a civil lawsuit.

Share this article!


CALL NOW